Sing FirstJan 24, 2019
Here is one of the best prescriptions I can give you for life:
Rinnah (Singing) & Tehillah (Praise)
TAKE at least 1 EVERY DAY Before symptoms of stress occur, major decisions are made, and battles are fought.
Best taken in the morning, on the way to work, during household chores, and moments between.
One of my favorite stories in the Bible is in 2 Chronicles 20 about King Jehoshaphat and how praise won the battle. Here are the "cliff notes":
- The nation of Judah is surrounded by enemies ready to destroy them.
- King Jehoshaphat calls the people to fast and pray. "God, we don't know what to do but we are looking to you for help."
- God speaks, "Don't be afraid, the battle is not yours, but mine!"
- Jehoshaphat sends the worshipers out in front of the army - singing and praising God.
- At the very moment the worship starts the enemy armies are disoriented and begin attacking each other.
- By the time Judah reaches the battle field every enemy is dead.
How many of our daily battles, stresses, and trials could be completely disintegrated if we sent singing and praise in first?
Be proactive with singing.
- Turn on the music first thing in the morning and hum along as you get ready for your day.
- Crank up the volume in the car and let the other drivers around you wonder what you are doing as your whole body responds to the words. (WARNING Keep one hand on the steering wheel and eyes wide open!)
- Add a little jump to your step as you are working out with your "building faith" playlist.
- Put an extra stomp into the vacuum cleaner as you sing your prayer.
One of my sisters does a new playlist each year - they are the BEST!
- Amen - Charity Gayle
- More and More - B.J. Putnam
- Into Faith I Go - Pat Barrett
- Love Like Fire - B.J. Putnam
- The Blood Hymns Medley - Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- Raise a Hallelujah - Bethel Music
- King of My Heart - Staffany Gratzinger, Bethel Music
- No Matter What - Ryan Stevenson
- Psalm 23 - People & Songs
- Way Maker - Sinach
- Cleansed - Charity Gayle
- God of Miracles - Chris McCarney
Faith Builder Playlist
- Awesome - Charles Jenkins
- Miracles - Jesus Culture
- Let the Church Say Amen - Andrae Crouch, Marvin Winans
- Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin
- Break Every Chain - Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- Great Are You Lord - All Sons & Daughters
- Yes I Will - Vertical Worship
Today, let's begin something together!
The Flourishing Life newsletter is a way to stay connected. Whether it's inspiration, connection, the latest projects, or adventures on the farm, there is hope in every word – and we're going to live a FLOURISHING LIFE together!
I hate SPAM. I will never sell your information, for any reason.