It May Be Winter Outside but that Might Not Be Your Life Season Right NowJan 04, 2021
I know it's winter outside, but if you examined your life right now, what season would you say you are currently experiencing?
Are you in a:
- waiting for something to happen season?
- a tests and trials at every turn season?
- a letting go season?
- sorting things out season?
- a learning and growing season?
- an abundance season?
Sometimes it’s hard to recognize the life season you are in, and even more difficult to figure out how to FLOURISH in that season.
In the physical world the seasons change: winter, spring, summer, and fall. Just like there are natural seasons of change, there are seasons and transitions in life.
It may be winter season in Minnesota right now: cold temperatures, snow covered roads, and ice on the ponds. But in my life I am experiencing a spring season.
Spring is the season of new beginnings, opportunities, fresh starts, and possibilities. I am in learning mode as I launch a new website, begin a new coaching business - The Path Forward Coaching - and write new curriculum.
Spring season is fun and exciting, but what if that doesn't sound like your life right now? Can you relate to any of these:
- There's a change in the air, a decrease of momentum, and you have little control over some changes that are happening. It's Fall season which is a strange mixture of nostalgia, blessings, and letting go.
- Your emotions are a mix of optimism and pessimism: grief, hope, fear, relief, guilt, and resolution. This is the winter season, a time for resolve; a season to clarify, redefine, settle, and sort out.
- You are building, networking, enjoying life to its fullest, and accomplishing goals. Welcome to summer! Be intentional, water what is growing, and enlarge your heart during this season.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us for everything there is a season, and Ecclesiastes 3:11 adds that God makes everything beautiful in its time.
To fully thrive in a life season and transition do these 3 things:
- Acknowledge the season you are in. Settle your heart right where you are - in the middle of your emotions and experiences - because God is creating something beautiful.
- Invite God's work in your life. God is moving above and beyond in you!
- Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for his miraculous power constantly energizes you. Ephesians 3:20 TPT
- Find a support team. One of the blessings of navigating through life seasons and transitions is to walk with others. Who do you need to bring on your team during this season?
- Do you need someone praying? Who is this?
- Do you need someone to encourage you? Who is this?
- Do you need someone who has walked this way already? Who is this?
- Do you need someone to coach you by asking the right questions and giving you action steps? Who is this?
Let Hope Rise
When you understand what is happening in your life, and that your emotions and experiences are normal, you will be able to give yourself grace, and hope will rise in your heart as you trust God in your winter, spring, summer, and fall.
Today, let's begin something together!
The Flourishing Life newsletter is a way to stay connected. Whether it's inspiration, connection, the latest projects, or adventures on the farm, there is hope in every word – and we're going to live a FLOURISHING LIFE together!
I hate SPAM. I will never sell your information, for any reason.