A Good Dose of SmilesApr 30, 2020
On Tuesday I hit a wall.
It was really the first time since the beginning of the safe-at-home order that I felt lethargic. I was scheduled to write this post and I was totally uninspired.
Have you been there? What did you do?
Writing a post every other Tuesday was a self-disciplined calendar item for me, but that day it felt more self-imposed than a healthy structure.
So, I gave myself grace and concentrated instead on releasing expectations and doing things I love that bring laughter to my heart and restoration to my soul. It was just what the "doctor" ordered!
A joyful, cheerful heart brings healing to both body and soul. But the one whose heart is crushed struggles with sickness and depression.Proverbs 17:22 TPT
Here are 5 things I do that bring a good dose of smiles to my heart. I know they will work for you too!
- Listen to children play. The laughter and imagination of children is heartwarming and invigorating. Find some children somewhere, somehow, and then watch and listen.
- Dig in the dirt. Even if you don't garden, plant at least one pot of your favorite flower or vegetable.
- Read a fictional book. Skip the "how-to" books (for just a little while) and let your favorite author take you away to different places and times.
- Take a power nap. It is amazing what 20 minutes can do to refresh your body and brighten your heart.
- Watch a movie or video that makes you giggle, snort, and belly laugh. I found this one on Facebook titled The End of Every Zoom Meeting. Enjoy!
Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye - with Laurel and Hardy.
Today, let's begin something together!
The Flourishing Life newsletter is a way to stay connected. Whether it's inspiration, connection, the latest projects, or adventures on the farm, there is hope in every word – and we're going to live a FLOURISHING LIFE together!
I hate SPAM. I will never sell your information, for any reason.