6 Powerful Reasons to Live as a Confident Woman of GodJul 23, 2020
Throughout my 30+ years of pastoral work in Women’s Ministry I have repeatedly counseled women on issues of identity and purpose. Who am I, and what is my purpose are lingering questions that are addressed in every season of life and transition.
Who am I? What is my purpose?
Many allow family, friends, church, work, or culture to shape their identity, but God is very specific about who you are and your purpose. Learn His design; His story for your life.
You can become confident in your identity and purpose in Christ.
I am not referring to the Webster Dictionary definition of confidence that includes self-absorption, showing self assurance or self-reliance.
Confidence in your identity and purpose in Christ is the quality that settles in your soul when you understand and believe the truth about:
- who you are in Christ
- the richness of your spiritual blessings and inheritance
- the love, freedom, and strength that is already available to you in the fullness of God
This confidence in your identity and purpose is a battle worth fighting for because it impacts everything about you.
This confidence will bring a restful heart, truth to others, and allow you to boldly step forward and make a difference in your world.
6 Powerful Reasons to Live as a Confident Woman of God
1. You are Immeasurably Blessed
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.Ephesians 1:3 NLT
This verse begins a 202-word sentence that lays out an avalanche of blessings. You could spend an entire year just meditating on the wealth of each of these spiritual blessings that have already been given to you – and if you did, it would change your life.
When Paul tells you, that God has "blessed you with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places", he is saying that you “prosper in everything that heaven has to offer." Nothing is being held back! You have received the inheritance to all the riches of God’s kingdom.
- Don’t let the lies of shame, insecurity, or unworthiness steal the truth.
- Don’t keep track of your wrongs. Your past is purchased, your sin is erased by the blood of Jesus, and you are free.
- Refuse to buy into the media’s image of who you are and what you should do.
- Refuse to allow the enemy’s tactic of comparison in your mind.
2. You Have a Story to Fulfill
We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny he has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfill it!Ephesians 2:10 TPT
Your story is written in heaven and it includes the good works that God has planned for you to do during your lifetime.
This doesn’t mean you don’t have a choice in your story. God has given you free will and you can choose to ignore or embrace the wonderful destiny and purpose God has planned from the day you were created.
- Are there lies in your head from your negative self-talk?
- Are there lies in your head from the hurtful words spoken to you by others?
- Are there lies in your head from the enemy who is dead set on keeping you from fulfilling your destiny?
The TRUTH is that you were born into destiny and purpose and you can fulfill your God-given potential.
3. God is Always Working in Your Life
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.Ephesians 3:20 NLT
Even when you don’t see it, God continues to do exceedingly abundantly above all – just for you.
- Don’t limit God. It is so easy to carry your own limitations into the spiritual realm and put God in a box with your categories of what is possible and impossible. “That one’s easy, Lord.” Oh no, God, that one is near impossible!”
- Don’t limit God’s activity. Discouragement is waiting to pounce on you when you stay in the mind-set that God doesn’t see what is happening in your life and He is not doing anything about it.
God’s power is actively working in your life. He is strengthening your inner man as you become rooted and grounded in Him.
4. It’s A New You
Be continually renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh, untarnished mental and spiritual attitude], and put on the new self [the regenerated and renewed nature], created in God’s image, in the righteousness and holiness of the truth [living in a way that expresses to God your gratitude for your salvation].Ephesians 4:23-24 AMP
Christians are to think differently than those who don’t know and follow Christ. We are learning Christ in an entirely different way than those whose understanding is darkened and reasoning is clouded. (Ephesians 4:18 AMP)
The Holy Spirit is at work transforming your mind.
As you walk and grow in Christ, your whole outlook and mindset changes and matures. This includes your values, goals, habits, character, and thinking processes.Warren Wiersbe
- You are leaning Christ!
- You are not connected in any way to your old life.
- You have let go of the lifestyle of your old self-life.
- Your new life changes your mind-set and reproduces God’s character in you.
Jesus died to remove all the obstacles, the old clothes of sin, that keep you from living in wholeness and freedom. Keep learning Christ. Put your new clothes on. Don’t settle for anything else!
5. You Can Choose Beautiful
Once your life was full of sin’s darkness, but now you have the very light of our Lord shining through you because of your union with him. Your mission is to live as children flooded with his revelation-light! And the supernatural fruits of his light will be seen in you—goodness, righteousness, and truth. Then you will learn to choose what is beautiful to our Lord.Ephesians 5:8-10 TPT
There is something about you that is very distinctive and makes you different than those who don’t know or follow your Father.
You are a daughter who carries and emulates the love and light of her Father. You are choosing what is beautiful as you love others extravagantly and react with goodness, righteousness, and truth.
- Goodness is love in action as you look out for someone’s welfare with a caring heart.
- Righteousness is rightness of character before God and man.
- Truth is sincerity of mind and integrity of character.
You represent your Father well by choosing the beauty of love and light.
6. You are Strong
Now my beloved ones, I have saved these most important truths for last: Be supernaturally infused with strength through your life-union with the Lord Jesus. Stand victorious with the force of his explosive power flowing in and through you.Ephesians 6:10 TPT
You are in Christ and He is in you – connected with life-giving fortitude and explosive power.
- You can face tough things without crumbling because you are strong in the Lord and in the power of HIS might. (Ephesians 6:10 NLT)
- You have inner strength because you are spiritually energized with power through His Spirit [indwelling your innermost being and personality]. (Ephesians 3:16 AMP)
- You can take control of negative thoughts because you are empowered with spiritual weapons. You are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4-5 AMP)
When you are in Christ, all that is true of Jesus changes what is true of you.
NEW Ephesians Bible Study – Confident In My Identity and Purpose
As you may have noticed, every reason I listed today of why you can live as a CONFIDENT woman of God is found in the book Ephesians.
Ephesians is a letter rich with content that describes who you are and how you are to live.
I invite you to find your true confidence in Christ through my NEW Ephesians Bible Study. Purchase HERE.
Today, let's begin something together!
The Flourishing Life newsletter is a way to stay connected. Whether it's inspiration, connection, the latest projects, or adventures on the farm, there is hope in every word – and we're going to live a FLOURISHING LIFE together!
I hate SPAM. I will never sell your information, for any reason.