Reaffirming God is First Place in Your Life
All of us desire a life that is healthy and flourishing for our body, soul, and spirit. This kind of living, though, does not come without determination and discipline. And that is where we falter. Our natural tendency is to allow quick and easy patterns to creep into our daily life which lead to unhealthy habits. Unhealthy habits need to be addressed and that’s why it’s time now to reset and refocus. It’s time to look at every area of our life and ask “is God FIRST?”
Each day’s devotional will address a different area in your life where you may have allowed unhealthy habits to develop. After reading through each devotional thought, turn your heart to prayer and ask God to show you if he truly reigns in first place in this particular area or if you have taken control. I believe as you pray that the Holy Spirit will begin to speak to you. You can use this acronym as a tool for your prayer and journal.
- F – Father, are you FIRST in my life in this area?
- I – Or do I INSIST on being in control?
- R – I REPENT of allowing unhealthy habits to grow because of my lack of discipline or neglectfulness, and my need for affirmation, attention, and immediate response.
- S – I SUBMIT to your Lordship in this area of my life.
- T – TEACH me more about you so that I can walk in truth and everything within me honors you.